Friday, March 19, 2010

Sushi

This is quite possibly THE most overdue post. Ever. Since my vacation was somewhat thwarted and I'm still in the midst of adventuring, I thought I'd go ahead and put it up.

Approximately 1,000 years ago (or the middle of March), I had a sushi-making adventure with Nastia, Mariana, and Tanya. Now, I realize that it is zero percent cool for me to make the following statement, but I'm going to make it anyway: I don't like sushi.

I just don't. I think it's the seaweed that I take a major issue with. For this particular batch of sushi, it was the seaweed and the raw, pickled herring that was brought to put inside the sushi. My apartment smelled for days.

Anyway, the girls came over, and under Mariana's sushi-ing expertise, we made sushi. It was fun spending time together and laughing- even if I didn't love the end product. :)

Nastia, slicing the homemade pickles. Yes, mother, I ate homemade pickles on SUSHI.

Mariana, skillfully handling the rice. She's a pro.

My handiwork: crab.

Our basic setup.

Precious friends.

She's so cute.

No comments: