Thursday, March 4, 2010

Conveniences NOT to be taken for granted, part 2

My friend, Mindy, reminded me of something else I won't be taking for granted: being able to buy as many groceries (or whatever else) as I want, knowing that I'll be able to get it home. Many grocery stores here don't even have push buggies, because there's no way anyone would bother using them. You can only buy what you can carry home. I'll be quite excited to know that I can use a vehicle parked in the parking lot with which I can transport my purchases home! Sometimes I dream about being about to drive again- with my vehicle full of my purchases that will last me longer than 3 days!

On a similar note, I'd also like to add that I'll be happy when I'm not stashing my precious rations of American goodies. Please read this EXTREMELY accurate description of hoarding, provided my a friend of mine who also lives in Europe. Wow. So realistic.

No comments: