Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Eat Mor Chikin

For those of you not from one of the great Southern States (or from one of the states that has imported CFA), my heart bleeds for you and your lack of Chick-Fil-A, the most wonderful eating establishment in the Union.


I love basically everything about it: the chicken (sandwich, strip, or nugget form), the tea, the salads, the wraps, chicken salad sandwiches, even their Coke is special. It makes my soul sing.

In January, the Great Chick-Fil-A Experiment occurred with marvelous results! The chicken strips and nuggets were fantastic (albeit a little salty, due to the fine-grain salt that was used) and photo documentation was a part of it. A couple weeks ago, some Ukrainian friends were visiting, and we were looking through some of my pictures. The girls saw pictures of the chicken and decided that we should make them together. So, last Saturday, we did!

Tanya, Mariana, Nastia, and I went over to Mariana's apartment and recreated the Great Chick-Fil-A experiment with equally wonderful results.

They were a little skeptical that I was forgetting ingredients (don't worry, I wasn't), but they played along nicely.

This is a picture of the real thing.

This is our rendition. Pretty close in appearance, I would assert.

Our spread: strawberry tea, nuggets, chocolate, and cookies. Our sauces: soy, tartar, and ketchup.

Waiting to eat! Tanya and Nastia.

Hostess, host, and me: Mariana, Kolya, and Erin.

Great fun was had by all! Our next project? Borsch! Apparently, they want to give sushi a shot, too, but I'm not so sure...

1 comment:

Gen-o said...

Does this mean that you will make us nuggets while we are there, because I am DOWN with some CFA nuggets, let me tell you!

We are meeting tonight at 9! Talk to you soon.