Friday, October 16, 2009

Pictures! Be proud.

Today was the day. Wendy took me out and about. Thankfully, the weather wasn't dreadful today, so we weren't miserable every time we stepped outside. For lunch, we went to the Red Latern Chinese restaurant (the laterns are actually orange, but they used to be red...and that's not it's actual name anyway). It was absolutely glorious, and we gorged ourselves. Naturally. After Chinese food, we set off in the direction of Castle Hill.

Two quick anecdotes (if you just want to see pictures, skip this section):
1. If you have ever listened to "Adventures in Odyssey," we passed a guy on the way to the metro that looks exactly like what Eugene Meltsner sounds like.
2. We were walking into the metro, and I noticed this guy coming out had words written on his hat. I was trying very hard to read what it said, not realizing that I was totally staring at him. I realized this fact after he started making flirty faces at me. I'm so cool.

Picture of Parliament while walking between the Red Latern restaurant and the metro.

Pictures from Castle Hill:

Church at the top of the hill. I liked the tile.

Guy with a horse and a ring around his head. Wendy's explanation of this statue. Works for me!

Part of the wall around the hill.

Wendy...without whom my Budapestian adventure would just not have been so fabulous.

Me imitating Samson. I'm so tough.

Aerial shot. Danube River, Parliament building, etc.

Me. And a lamp post. Matt, remind you of anything?

Ok, this wasn't on Castle Hill. This was in the metro. We couldn't figure out the meaning, but we found it very amusing.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a very nice-looking lamp post you found...