Saturday, October 17, 2009

Oh Budapest, how I will miss thee!

Today was my last full day in Hungary. Take a moment and share my sadness, please.

Ok, so on the agenda today:
1. Grand Market. Inside the rather impressive edifice below, there is a massive market of food or souvenirs. It was fun. I enjoyed it greatly.

Grand Market Hall

2. Lunch at "For Sale" pub.

Yep. It's actually called "For Sale."

Inside the pub. There were all manner of paper products/items/etc. stapled to the walls and ceilings. I saw business cards, pizza restaurant flyers, receipts...crazy. Also, you throw the peanut shells on the floor, like at Logan's.

Goulash. It was great. It was like pot roast in soup form.

3. Walk down the "walking street". There were lots of shops and outdoor vendors. I talked Wendy into a scarf. I then bought one for me. It was very productive.


Ok. This is a manhole cover, but I thought it was CLASSY. You needed to see it.

Here's a cow I found. He was green.


I got this picture by jumping off the tram when the doors opened, leaning around a sign, snapping a picture, and jumping back on before it pulled away. Fast footwork.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my time in Budapest. I highly recommend it as a European destination. Thanks for looking at my pictures!

No comments: