Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Snow explanation

I've made no secret about my snow feelings. However, this last week, I define my feelings a little more. We got new snow last Friday, and I thought through a lot of my snow issues. I have decided that I CAN like snow, under the following conditions:

IF the snow does not strand incoming family members for, say, 24 hours and

IF the temperature stays at a decent temperature, like the teens or 20's and

IF the snow is not accompanied by stabbing, Siberian winds and

IF the snow is piled prettily (white and fluffy...not black and hard) on the side of the road or sidewalk and

IF the snow doesn't become so packed down that it becomes a thick layer of ice that pedestrians slip and slide on (which it ALWAYS does and nobody seems to bother with shoveling or plowing) and

IF the snow doesn't relentlessly beat against your face and

IF the snow in the streets doesn't become so packed and slick that you, oh I don't know, fall on the street in front of a bus and have to scramble to get out of the way...

IF all of these details fall into place, I can appreciate the snow.

2 comments:

Molly said...

Aww...Hahaha. Sweet Erincita, I laughed heartily on this one. I'm so sorry...especially about all that slipping and sliding! I bet you're really cute all bundled up in your snow gear, though! And I hope some of it melts off soon. Punxatawney (who even knows how to spell that?) Phil let us know that there would be 6 more weeks of winter. Boo. Does that rascally groundhog affect life where you are?

Kat said...

I find said conditions completely reasonable. Just a warning; when you say "the teens" are a "decent temperature" you become dangerously close to sounding like a yankee!