Saturday, February 20, 2010

PERManent damage? Nope!

This last week, my supervisor and his wife came to Poltava for a few days (they live about 3.5 hours south- in a different oblast). It was great fun to have them stay with me (they came to visit me and to attend a few meetings), and they brought their dog, Mandie, which was so fun! Lots of great things occurred: movie watching, Mexican eating, visiting, and English clubbing. Also, there was one afternoon of perm-giving.

That's right: Mrs. Linda entrusted me with updating her perm. Like, the kind on her head.

I was positively terrified! All I could imagine was me giving it my best shot...and her hair falling out. However, it went really well. She talked me through each step very thoroughly, and we watched a true classic, "Mr. Mom," to put us in the right mood for do-it-yourselfing. I felt quite accomplished. Unfortunately, I don't have an "after" shot. So, you'll just have to take my word for it! :)

Supplies

Brave Mrs. Linda. And Mandie. *I did have permission to post this, by the way!

No comments: