Monday, June 21, 2010

Last Sunday service

Yesterday was my last church service here in Poltava. It was a very "I'm REALLY going home in a week" kind of experience for me. I was sweating bullets near the beginning of the service because I knew that I was going to be asked to say something in front of the church. In preparation for this experience, I got Nastia to help me translate what I wanted to say into Russian (my Russian is just not that awesome). The whole time I was up there, my hands were shaking, which meant that my Bible and the microphone were also shaking. Oi!

I survived, though, and didn't even break down crying. Victory! They gave me gifts from the church, in hopes of preparing me for my future life: an apron, a cutting board, a rolling pin, and an herb grinding apparatus. It was so kind of them. It was a great time of reflection and prayer for this special church that has been so influential in my life.

They also asked Amiee to sing. It was beautiful! She had very thoughtfully had Nastia translate the song and put it on a PowerPoint so that our Ukrainian friends could at least understand what the words of the song meant. They GREATLY appreciated it! Wish you could have been there.

No comments: