Thursday, June 17, 2010

Back in the Saddle...for about 10 days

Sadly, friends, I am in the last little stretch of my time in Ukraine. I just got back from a conference in Kiev, and on the bus ride home, I made a list of things I must do before leaving. It's looooooong!

Shots from around Kiev:

Bandura (traditional Ukrainian instrument) player in the courtyard of St. Sofia's cathedral.

Tower at St. Sofia's

St. Michael's

My goal is to update the blog once a day between now and my departure/ return to the US (June 28). No promises, but I'll put forth a good effort. Any requests?

Quick recap of my week in Kiev:
1. The building that part of our group stayed at had no water for about 3 days. That's way too much like camping for my tastes, y'all! We were a little yucky for a few days in there...

2. My friends and supervisors celebrated their 15th year living in Ukraine!

Linda and Mike Ray

3. I was able to visit with many dear friends from different parts of Ukraine, as well as different parts of Europe.

Visiting with Wendy, my Budapest-visiting buddy

4. We got to spend a day in Kiev just visiting. That's doesn't usually happen for me.

Freedom Square- site of the 2004 Orange Revolution

Flower clock in Freedom Square

5. We received a lot of encouragement from Scripture and heard about how our universal God is blessing around the world. You just can't beat that.

No comments: