Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Last English Club

Tonight was my last English club, and thankfully, it was loads of fun! We played a couple group games (Gorilla-Man-Gun and Outburst), Minute-to-win-it games, I talked for a while, and then we broke into smaller groups based on ability level. It was so great to have more than just me to run English Club! There's so much more you can do with a group of people to run things. I was able to share a little bit about my life story and how much I've learned about the grace, joy, hope, and peace that comes from having a relationship with God. I also got to make a fool of myself by playing one of the Minute-to-win-it games. :)

I found this little tribute to Union hanging out on the tables!

This was one of the Minute-to-win-it games...Alina was a ROCK STAR!

She finished the whole game within the minute without dropping a single piece of pasta!

Lyosha made the best faces- even if he didn't finish the whole game.

Rapt attention

Sergei's look of disgust when his carefully-gathered pasta fell off.

The goal was to get the cookie from your forehead to your mouth, using only your facial muscles. Yeah...it was HARD!

Amiee's imitation of the faces you have to make.

Pasha's turn

Felesha encouraging Nastia

Then I got roped in!

Victory!

Oh yeah! And, I did it the fastest. :)

Sharing.

These are announcements. Vova calls this an "Alabama PowerPoint." Apparently, he heard me say that last year, and it stuck. Oh my.

1 comment:

Ms. Teach said...

My dearest Erin, you will never completely realize impact you have made in so very many lives while in Poltava....nor they on yours. We will be praying you home.