Monday, February 23, 2009

The weather outside is frightful

Yes, it's still REALLY cold here. I woke up yesterday morning to find that it was 8 degrees (Farenheit) and still snowing from the day before. Snow is very pretty when it first falls. I have an aesthetic appreciation for it.

I do not, however, appreciate it so much when I have to trudge through it to get anywhere. We had to hike through it many times yesterday, making us incredibly cold and very wet. There has been a lot of snow here this winter. I've been told several times that there has been so much snow just for me. Until this year, there hasn't been any significant amount to stick and then stay around for a while. There has been plenty of that this winter! I hate to tell my Ukrainian friends that I really dislike snow. They're so excited for me to experience a true Ukrainian winter... I've never really cared for snow. I'm the kid that likes to stay inside with a book and just look at the snow through the window. Now, however, I not only have to go outside with the snow, I have to walk through it, slog through it, carry it with me on my boats and my pants. Alas...





Group shot of all the "young people" at church

Also, today is Men's Day. Happy Men's Day to all you men out there! Hope it's a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

Brrr! I'm not a snow person either, but it can be fun for a change. Hope it doesn't wear out its welcome!

Brianna said...

Thanks for all the recent updates! I love knowing what you guys are up to and seeing how God is working in Ukraine! I hope you have some good snow boots! Yeah, I'm with you...I love seeing the snow from afar, but don't like the cold and wet part!

Anonymous said...

So what's this Men's Day? Is there a comparable Women's Day? Thinking of you often and praying for you.