Thursday, February 5, 2009

Milestones in Life

Today is the one-year anniversary of the tornado that changed my life.

One year ago today, a tornado tore up my college campus and totally changed the course of the semester. It never ceases to amaze me that God spared so many lives and that we all came through. And now, Union is thriving and is even better than it was before!

A big thank you to all the wonderful people who helped me get back up and going again after I lost my belongings and my place to live last year. You were all such a blessing. Also a big virtual hug to the roommates who went through it with me and then lived out the rest of the semester with me. Oh, Lovelace 1...

Brad and Kat- sorry about the chapstick complaints. I'm good to go this year; I have about 25 tubes.

Thank you for your prayers and support over the last year. They have been invaluable.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had to respond to the Chapstick note. Knowing that Mike is a Chapstick addict, people sent us dozens of Chapsticks when we went to the field. We probably still have some of those originals.

We enjoy your blog. Keep pressing the battle!!

Mike and Julie

Unknown said...

Oh Erin... the tornado. We were so worried that we got seperated from you that night. And so thankful for you in the coming months.