Friday, February 20, 2009

Oh my life

My life is so interesting.

Hannah, Rachel, and I visited Dnipropetrovsk over Valentine's Day weekend. Right before we left for Dnipro, I had the surreal experience of watching one of the lightbulbs in my bedroom light fixture actually explode. Rachel heard it from the hallway and came to check on me. Weird. And, the light would not turn off: the knob would turn off, but the electricty was still surging. Scary. The landlord made arrangements to fix it while we were gone.

Dnipro was good. We got to eat at TGIFriday's! It was wonderful.

Upon arriving back in Poltava, we found that 1. my light was still not working and 2. the internet was not working. We spent the week trying to get the internet fixed (what a FUN ordeal). Other mishaps during the week: a cranky washing machine, 2 burnt-out bulbs in the bathroom, my light got fixed and then immediately blew 2 bulbs, and the printer and I have had multiple rounds. The printer won most of them.

Our schedule has recently become HECTIC. So many doors and opportunities have opened. We teach approx. 12 classes per week. Tonight, we began our weekly night class for beginning ESL students. Eighteen (18) students showed up! They found the alphabet BINGO to be incredibly exciting.

More updates to come... Thanks for hanging in there with me!

No comments: