Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Updates all-around

Since yesterday's run-around, I have been back to the passport office two more times. Currently, we are done with phase 1 and are waiting for my papers to be processed. Please pray that this occurs successfully and in a timely manner.

This morning, Hannah, Rachel, and I were introduced to another school director. This school is an agricultural sort of school. However, there are also programs for Associate degrees in law, management, and finance. We met with the director, got his approval/blessing to work alongside the English professors, met with an English teacher, and will visit her class on Friday. PTL!

Tonight will be our first night class at the church. This will be the more advanced group. As of last night, the registration list says that we will have around 15 students. I'll be sure to update you on how that goes! Thank you for your prayers!

Every Tuesday night, our church hosts an outreach called SMS Club. SMS is what text messages are called here. This club is an outreach to university/ college students in our city. There is always a theme and a group-wide discussion about the topic. Last night's topic was a continuation of the "wisdom" theme that began last week. The historical figure that we discussed was...drum roll... C. S. Lewis! I couldn't have been happier! I'm including an "action shot" from last night's group.

Photobucket

Thank you for keeping updated on my life. I'm sorry about being so behind in personal emails and messages. I really am working on it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh Erin... I love you and C.S. Lewis. And I have so many fond memories of you that involve him.