Saturday, January 24, 2009

What a week!

Hello friends!

I apologize for being so behind in updating. Here's what's happened this week:
1. Classes at the Cooperative University.
2. Preparing for Hannah's and Rachel's arrival.
3. Being invited into two additional classes at the Transport College (3 classes total).
4. Being invited into two classes on a full-time basis at the Cooperative University.
5. Potential opening at another university.
6. Bible storying with the middle schoolers at English Club at Ira's house.

Whew! What a week...

Below is a picture of the Saturday English Club at Ira, including Hannah (black shirt, next to the piano) and Rachel (green shirt). Please keep Rachel in your prayers this weekend, as she is in the midst of a cold she picked up in Kiev.

Photobucket

Transportation story:
Tonight, Hannah decided to join a small group from our church that meets tonight. I had things to do at home, and Rachel decided to come home and rest because of her cold. We were arranging to drop Hannah off at a particular bus stop so that our friend, Maya, could take Hannah to small group. I have never been to this particular bus stop. Hannah spent the summer here two summers ago and kind of remembered where it was but not totally. Of course, our plan of watching out the window was thwarted by the multitudes of people that crowded into the bus and occluded our view... Anyway, at one point, Hannah motioned that she thought we were at the stop. I tried to get off, but before I could make it to the door, the driver began pulling away. I thought that Hannah and Rachel had already gotten off, so I yelled, "Wait!" (in English, no less). I heard the man in front of me tell the driver to stop so the American can get off. I did... and realized that neither Hannah nor Rachel had gotten off! The bus pulled forward again a few feet and then stopped again. I'm assuming someone told the driver, "Uh, more Americans need to get off."

Can't say that we don't make an impression!

3 comments:

Mary Ann McMillan said...

so of course i am laughing out of my chair at this post! I just read it to my roommate too and she is laughing as well! I am glad that you guys found your way and i hope that rachel feel better soon!

Lauren said...

haha, this is a great story. very typical of Americans overseas.

Unknown said...

haha, that's so funny!