Thursday, January 8, 2009

Merry Christmas!...again

The holiday season in Ukraine is soooo great (for Americans, at least). Here's the holiday schedule:
1. Christmas: December 25
2. New Year: January 1
3. Orthodox Christmas: January 7
4. Old New Year: January 14

Ha! Isn't that great? I'm personally a fan. I've been to church quite a few times for mid-week holiday services. It's really quite wonderful.

A few exciting things coming up soon are as follows:
1. The return of students to university
2. Bi-weekly English night classes, taught by yours truly
3. The arrival of two semester workers, Hannah and Rachel. Yea!
4. Longer daylight hours

This is the Reader's Digest version of my life. Thanks for hanging in with me. I'll work on being more frequent and newsy.

3 comments:

Jaclyn.... said...

yay for erin teaching english!

i'm hoping to get some more english clubs organized SOON!

Anonymous said...

Your condensed version always leaves me wanting more. Thinking of you often and praying for you.

Unknown said...

What do you do on these other holidays? Do you still get time off and have traditions?