Monday, January 12, 2009

I took the plunge

That's right, ladies and gentlemen. I finally toughened up and got my hair cut in Ukraine. Don't be terribly impressed: it was just a trim. However, in Ukraine, coming out without a mullet is phenomenal! The best part of the situation is that the lady who cut my hair lives in my building. She runs her business out of her house. She did a good job on my hair AND offered to give me a kitten. I couldn't accept the kitten, which made me very sad, but it definitely ensured that I liked the new hairdresser.

Also, I had a wonderful Saturday night. Two of my friends from University #1 contacted me last week (I hadn't seen them in a while because of all the holidays) and told me they missed me and would like to see me. I promptly set up a time for them to come over for tea. It was great! We hung out at my apartment for 3 hours, just talking. We're already setting up times to visit again over the next few weeks. Thank you for your prayers already and for continued prayers. This is a HUGE step.

My heat situation is still stable: I have heat, hot water (most of the time), and gas in my stove. PTL! The toilet seat is still hanging in there for now. I'm talking with several different people about helping me get a real replacement part. But, I would like to point out that Mom's MacGyvering of the toilet seat is still going strong. Good job, Mom!

I would also like to say another thank you to all the sweet friends that sent me iTunes gift cards. I had a 4 hour bus ride yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed listening to my new audiobooks and songs. Thank to the Rufes, Romines, Auntie Val, Parker and Avery, and Mom and Dad. You are such a blessing!

3 comments:

Corry said...

Wow a Ukrainian mullett, what a thought!

I will pray that the relationships you are building will continue to blossom and be fruitful!

We miss you!

Anonymous said...

Hello There,

Glad you are reaching so many significant and slightly less significant milestones 8< (scissors?) Also glad you are getting on so well with people, I pray that you build many good foundations and are blessed with many good friends.
Keep warm.

Unknown said...

Are mulletts the norm there? Also, I would totally get my hair cut all the time if it included a free kitten!

Was having those university students over for tea what Dr. Poe must feel like when we always had tea with him? You're on the other side now!

I hope you used those iTunes gift cards to get some Hannah Montana!

love.