Thursday, November 13, 2008

Three week mark, two universities, and one unbalanced washing machine

Today marks three weeks of Ukraine. Well, technically, it marks three weeks since I left home, but that's neither here nor there.

I'm heading to my second university today. I'll sit in on some classes and talk with the professor about what she'd like me to do each week. I'm looking forward to it. The school is a college for those pursuing work in the railway industry, which is alive and kickin' in Ukraine.

My washing machine was perfectly balanced and practically noiseless until yesterday. I think I'm going to have to throw my weight around and show it who's boss (yeah right- that sucker is about 2384989435 times my weight. Gee whiz...).

Last night, I went to a small group with some college students from my church. There was one guy there who had never been to that kind of meeting in his life. If you get a chance, please pray for him. His name is Roma.

6 comments:

Mary Ann McMillan said...

hey you! def praying for you! railway industry...very interesting and good to know....i am actually trying to start a college campus type ministry..but good luck with it all and that washing machine...yeah ours is pretty nosy when it has too many clothes in it..but we are having problems with our laundry detergent dissolving...but hope you can get that issue resolved :)

Courtney Baker said...

Praying for you girl!

Anonymous said...

I love travelling by train, maybe you will get to have a train trip soon?

I know everyone will love you over there as you are so loved here.

Take care and many prayers for you.

Jaclyn.... said...

Hey!
So...i'm going to be teaching more ESL than I thought. I may be hitting you up for ideas!
I've got my first class in the village this week--teenagers at VERY beginning level! eeek! :)

Tiffani said...

Hey yoyo,
you are in our prayers. Hoping all is going well, and we love to hear your updates!

We love and miss you!
Anniston Goulets

Unknown said...

How is your washing machine these days?

Also, I had NO idea you worked at a college for future railroad conducters and folks- look at all the important things I missed!