Monday, November 10, 2008

Small victory

Today, ladies and gentlemen, I had a small victory. I successfully navigated one small facet of Poltava public transportation all by myself! Tomorrow is my first day in one of the universities, and I knew I would have to get myself there. So, last night, a few friends took me after church to help me get my bearings. They showed me how to get there and how to get back. In order not to forget my way, I decided to strike out on my own and make sure I could make it there and back.

I did!

I'd appreciate your prayers tomorrow...I'm a little bit nervous.

8 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

Yay!

And that is no small victory!

Anonymous said...

Love the phrase "few friends." Praying for you today as you make your way to and from. Are you "friends" with Al Rudd--be sure to notice his status update. Looks like I will need more time for my "missionary journey" next year.

Molly said...

I'm so proud of you! *insert silly string*. And feel free to do the "I'm an assistant buyer" routine here! Love!

Sarah said...

I love this! I remember my first time I did this, and I counted it a small victory as well. I miss you and love you, friend!

Tiffani said...

YAY! It is such a great thing! So glad that you are finding your way! Looking forward to hearing more!

Love,
The Anniston Goulets

Jamie said...

Yeah!

Anonymous said...

So proud of your accomplishments, Erin.
I know there is comfort in knowing that God is directing your paths, both physically and spiritually. Thanks so much for sharing your experiences with us as you put feet, both physically and spiritually, to our prayers! Love you girl! Twila

Unknown said...

and i bet now you could teach a class on public transportation in ukraine. and i bet you could get to the universities in your sleep!