Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's back!

Miraculously, my internet got fixed- sort of- overnight. Yay! I couldn't even believe it.


I'm still having trouble uploading pictures...I'm not really sure how to fix it. I'll just have to work of creating my "word pictures" until it starts working. :)


Couple of interesting things:
1. I thought I was buying tuna yesterday...nope. Sardines. I now know how to spell "sardine" in Russian.
2. I had a semi-conversation with my landlord. Small victory- I'm starting to be able to communicate on a very elementary level.
3. I'll be teaching in the Transport College tomorrow. We're talking about life in the States, especially Thanksgiving.
4. Saturday, I'm going out to my friend Ira's neighborhood to do some informal English lessons with the kids that live near her. Please pray for sharing opportunities.
5. I'm partnering with the college students at my church here to start an English program for the student community. Right now, the plan looks like the classes will be on Monday and Wednesday nights starting in January. Please pray as we plan for and begin this program. It will be a large part of my work here...so it's very important.

Thanks for staying involved and in touch! I appreciate the comments and notes of encouragement, even if I can't always respond.

6 comments:

Molly said...

Oh Erincita,
I'm SO happy to hear of all of these neat new opportunities for you! I will be yarping for you and talking to Dad. (big smiles) I am thinking of you and missing you. And SO happy that your first lesson includes things like the most fallsy of holidays (fallidays), Thanksgiving! Love you, dearest!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad your internet is back. I enjoy your "word pictures." Elementary conversation is a great victory in such a difficult language. Will be praying for you and all these new opportunities. Karen Tidwell

Ben said...

Already having small conversations, eh? Very impressive! You were mentioned in church Sunday night by the way at the missions emphasis and were prayed for from the pulpit. I hope God is continuing to bless you immensely!

Anonymous said...

Are "Sardines" tasty?

Corry said...

Praying for ya! Enjoy keeping in touch and I agree with Ben, very impressive that you are able to communicate in Russian, very tough language...

Unknown said...

1. Tuna is gross, but sardines are MUCH grosser. I hope those got thrown away...
2. Is transport college the railroad one?
3. I am so proud of you and all the things you are doing in Ukraine!