Saturday, April 24, 2010

Oh, the sights in Dnepropetrovsk!

Monday in Dnepropetrovsk was magical.

Why, you may ask? Because the sun shone the WHOLE day! It was fantastic! The Rays and I went out for lunch and a walk along the river before stopping at McDonald's for ice cream. Such a great day! Here are some shots from around Dnepr. It's not terribly exciting, but I kept forgetting to take pictures...

I was just really impressed with how tall this building was. I'm easily amused, I guess.

This tree is covered in ribbons and locks, which couples put on there to symbolize their relationships. Aw...

Up close picture of some of the padlocks. Here's hoping they don't break up (because they throw the keys in the river- how will they get the locks off in case of a break up emergency?)

So, underneath the Love Tree Of Locks is a bench. This bench includes metal artwork of love birds AND this fancy stork, carrying a baby bundle.

Found these little statue-friends. I'm not really sure what they are, but I liked them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dnepropetrovsk is a heart of our country. It's a city with many interesting sights. Do you like this city?