Friday, April 16, 2010

I'm sorry...did you say "volcanic ash?"

Dear faithful blog readers,

Please forgive me for my lack of blog-iness recently. I've been out of pocket for the last week and have now landed myself in a very crazy situation.

For a couple months now, I've been planning my vacation week- to be spent in London and Salzburg (Sound of Music tour). I was supposed to leave this morning for London. Surprisingly (and I mean, for real, surprisingly) a volcano in Iceland chose to erupt, thus altering my plans.

Seriously? A volcano in Iceland?

Well, said volcano sent a lot of ash into the air, effectively halting travel throughout Western Europe (apparently, volcanic ash is really bad for planes). Ergo, I am waiting it out in Kiev, thinking about my incredible good luck (and by that, I mean awful luck) in traveling. If you doubt my uncanny ability to find/cause travel issues, please consult Ben about the Great France Fiasco of 2004. I still have an aversion to Charles de Gaulle.

I hope that you, loyal blog fans, have not given up all hope on me. I will be back to blog effectively another day. Until then, I'm pondering volcanoes and their dispersal of ash into European airspace.

Yours most sincerely,
Erin the Stranded

2 comments:

Mamichka said...

I am thanking the Lord that you are "stranded" with dear friend Elizabeth at her home in Kiev and not sadly, uncomfortably, really, really stranded in an international airport with a dirty floor as your bed. Your parents know a thing or two about that . . . and I'm praying for all those people who are stranded in the airports. Enjoy your time with E!!!!

bo said...

Dear Erin the Stranded,

I too feel your pain. Though stranded at my nice comfy flat, sans food since I didn't shop because I thought we would be gallivanting, I am quite frustrated (please pronouce the British way - fru-STRATE-ed)as well. I may need to import massive amounts of sugar before this experience is over so that I can make about four hundred gallons of lemonade. Hope you are able to find out what is going on soon.

Your friend,
B the Stuck-at-home