Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Snow/ Sneg

It snowed today. Unfortunately, the ground was too wet for the snow to accumulate. I think the weather is trying to break me in slowly. I learned the word for snow; it sounds like "sneg." I think that's funny.

Well, the outing with the students last week was great. They took me to a mall on the edge of town, and we had cake and tea and talked for 3 hours. It was great. There are plans in the works to visit again this week.

In my effort to learn the language, I have made Russian signs for all furniture and appliances in my apartment. So, when I brush my teeth, I'm staring at the words for sink, shower, and towel. When I'm washing dishes- cabinet, freezer, refrigerator, etc. I also starting posting charts of verb conjugations to study. I feel so studious. :)

I hope that everyone is having a great week!

5 comments:

Jaclyn.... said...

must be nice to have a mall....
shopping here is no bueno.
Sad face.

Good job on labeling everything! :) I like to refer to myself as the "flashcard queen". I should do some labeling too. Love ya friend!

Anonymous said...

Erin, Did the BarCharts help learning the language? We know the luggage must have made it although you are missing a few shoes! We love you and pray for you! The Brammers aka "The UPS Store"!

Pastor Dave said...

I'm dreaming of a sneggy Christmas. Prayers continue with a dash of humor tossed in for good measure :-)

Tiffani said...

I am so glad to see it snowed, even without it sticking! I pray that we have a light dusting for Christmas Morning. I think it would be lovely to have snow for Mackenzie. Great news on the mall front! Glad to see you are doing well, and love the flashcard ideas, when it's time for Mackenzie to start spelling, that is what we are going to do! LOL!
We miss you lots!
Sending love your way!
The Anniston Goulets

Unknown said...

Erin- this is so great!

And, I bet that you are NOT amused by the word for snow or anything having to do with snow these days. Have you dethawed yet?

And you are SO studious- what a great idea putting signs for everything? Do you have matching signs that say 'intense red rug' for your wall and floor? :)