Thursday, December 4, 2008

And so it begins

Ladies and Gentlemen:
I got a phone call from one of the girls I wrote about yesterday. We are planning to hang out tomorrow afternoon at 4 pm my time (8 am Central). Thank you for your prayers! Please continue with them.

Today, I spent the morning at college #2. This group is so fun because they are at a fairly beginner level. They are my Thursday morning group each week. The class is chock full of guys! There is only one sweet girl in there; she generally looks a little overwhelmed. I can't blame her...those guys are intense.

This particular morning, however, two other people joined our class: the vice president of the school and the dean of students. Apparently, they want to improve their English and are planning on attending my class every Thursday. What?? No pressure. I spend most of my classes there part-teaching English and part-fielding questions about American pop culture. Now, I'm going to have to tweak my lessons to be adaptable to both students and faculty. Should be interesting. I'll keep everybody posted.

Thanks for all of the picture suggestions...I'm going to try some of them out and see what I can get to work.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed "Skyping" with you yesterday. I love hearing how your work is increasing and your circle is expanding. You won't be getting any picture suggestions from me--I had to call Ben to find out how to switch from the DVD player back to the TV. As the time gets closer to your family visiting, let me know about the books--I can complete some series for you. With love, Karen Tidwell

Jamie said...

Wow! That would intimidate me a little bit too. I am sure you all will have fun and just look at all the doors that God is opening up for you. :)

Tiffani said...

WOW! So Great! I am glad it is all pulling together for you! We love and miss you dearly! And we continue to pray for you and your work!

Love-
The Anniston Goulets

Anonymous said...

Hey Miss Erin,
I hope you are having a safe and fun time sharing with your friends!
I've been praying for you since before you left. I hope you aren't freezing! :)

P.S. I love writing notes to you on your blog!

Love from your friend, JULIA!

Jason and Heather said...

You go girl, that is so awesome about teaching faculty. I loved the blog about the hat thing. So much I could relate with you on. I have to go to the store like every other day. Crazy! Thanks for praying for Delaney. We miss you!

Unknown said...

ERIN!
I just got a picture in my head of dean thornbury and one of union's vps joining your english class- it's an amazing and amusing picture. And I would also be overwhelmed if I was in a group with a bunch of intense Ukrainian young men! YIKES!