Friday, December 19, 2008

A Christmas Thank-You

Yesterday, at the Transport College, while talking about Thanksgiving, I had the class play "I am thankful for..." It was quite humbling, because one of the students very seriously said, "I am sankful for Ehreen because she helps uz vis our Eengleesh." It was very encouraging.

So, in the held-over spirit of thankfulness, I'd like to send out a thank-you.

Earlier this month, I got up very early on a Saturday morning: 4:30 am, Ukrainian time. Why? In order to talk to my parents' Sunday school class via Skype. I found out that the class didn't just show up to talk to me, they sat in an unheated room at the church...in 25 degree weather...for hours...in order to talk to me.

This group of people is so special to me for many reasons. After the tornado destroyed my dorm room, they helped me pull my life back together. As I prepared to come to Ukraine, they supported me and promised to pray for me. During these first few months of transition, they have been consistent in contacting me, encouraging me, and helping make my holidays homey.

Thank you, Brassart Sunday School Class. You are all so special to me. Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Heather Paul said...

Wow! What a wonderful SS department. I love that! The cleaning the shower blog was hilarious! Delaney is enjoying it here, she loves the Christmas display in the dept. store. Enjoy Christmas with the family...I'm so jealous.

Jaclyn.... said...

1. Yay for sweet esl students!

2. That SS class is awesome.

3. Agreed....jealous you get to see your family. :) Hope you guys have an awesome time!

Love ya friend!

em k said...

i yam sankfool for ehreen too.

Twila said...

What a draining experience, Erin! Glad it's all awash now! Remember the little tune to "Sparkle and Shine" from the All-Star Angel band Children's Musical back in the day? Kinda seems appropriate to hum along under such circumstances. . .or the "Sing A Little Happy Song" from Enchanted would also work well here! I love you girl. I'm thankful you have answered God's call to ministry there in Ukraine. Thanks so much for spreading the love there! I love you here and there girl! Blessings to you and yours, Twila

Unknown said...

This is so sweet and I am so sure they appreciate your sweet heart of gratitude.

I am thankful for you, Ehreen.