Friday, January 29, 2010

Phenomenon

I'm experiencing a weather phenomenon.

This past week, it's been miserably cold. Sunday, it was -15 degrees Fahrenheit. For the rest of the week, it was -7 ish during the days, warming up to around 2 or 4 degrees at the warmest part of the day. The sun was shining, which was great for my spirits, but it was bitterly frigid. The wind was relentless. I felt like my face was going to fall off!

Today, however, we're having a heat wave. It's up to 16 degrees. It is snowing, but when I went outside, I literally thought, "Hey, it's so much warmer today!" I'm a firm believer that the gray, cloudy, snowy days are a smidge warmer...the clouds acting as insulation. The sunny days are beastly.

What a conundrum.

1 comment:

bo said...

I completely understand - and agree!! It was way warmer yesterday when it was overcast. But I think that I still prefer the sun. Bundle up!