Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Belated birthday wishes

My friend, Nastia, was out of town on the day that the rest of the youth celebrated my birthday, and I didn't get to see her before I left for America (because my travel plans to Kiev were changed at the last minute...sheesh). So, today, she came by for a few minutes to give me a gift. She brought me some beautiful flowers, some cake made by her aunt (I love her aunt's cake!), and a set of tea cups. Not just any teacups; teacups that I've been borderline coveting since I first saw them. Apparently, this particular set was ubiquitous during the Soviet Union and EVERYBODY had them.

Flowers. So pretty.

Well, there is a set in my apartment that belongs to my landlord, and I think it is just so cute. Nastia has heard me talk about how much I like that set forever, and on my birthday, she gave me a set.

This is the set that lives in my living room. I just think it's so cute. Mine looks just like this (only, Nastia already had it wrapped in bubble wrap, and since I'm leaving in the next few weeks, I thought I'd just leave them wrapped)/

She's so super. Many thanks to Nastia!

2 comments:

bo said...

So will you drink Ukrainian, British, or American tea in your fabulous new tea cups?

Unknown said...

You got the cool tea set! Congratulations!