Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Thanksgiving

I'm a horrible person. I didn't take a single picture of our Thanksgiving celebration.

I know. You're ashamed. I am, too.

I'll try to paint word pictures for you, though. Thanksgiving was, once again, in Dnipropetrovsk (extra points for those of you who can pronounce that!) at the Rays' house. Because the Rays had just returned from the States last Tuesday night, we decided to celebrate Thanksgiving on Friday. That way, the Rays could wake up a little bit. I arrived on Thursday morning (remember the incident at the bus station? Yeah, that early morning bus put me there way before lunch...), and the Woffords and Amanda arrived Thursday afternoon. Here's a recap of the weekend's activities:
1. Lots of talking
2. LOTS of eating
3. Lots of laughing
4. Lots of laughing at Ryan's shenanigans. If you'd like a more complete explanation of this one, message me. I don't think this post is long enough to write about all of them!
5. Movie-watching
6. Game-playing
7. Singing in English
8. Shopping (granted, I didn't really buy much...I was just along for the ride, er, walk)
9. Obsessive checking of football scores (that was mostly me)

It was so much fun and so encouraging! Wish you could have been there...

In honor of the holiday, here's a list of things I'm thankful for:
1. Technology. I love being able to communicate with home.
2. Family and Friends that remember me. Y'all are so wonderful.
3. Wonderful co-workers...even though we're all several hours away from each other.
4. A great apartment to live in.
5. Inconsequential answers to prayer (like, "Lord, please let me push my way through the crowd to the bus door in time to get off at the right stop").
6. My Ukrainian friends. They make my life here so full.
7. The great city of Poltava.
8. My home back in America.

This is by no means conclusive. Just thoughts that I've thanked the Lord for over and over. I hope that you had a marvelous Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Mamichka said...

You really should post at least one Ryan episode in the next blog entry. You'll get way too many messages if you don't. Just type it once for all the enjoy!

Nathan said...

i definitely think that ryan's shenanigans should be posted. they are way too funny not to share!