Saturday, December 12, 2009

The goose is getting fat

I've fallen down on my duties as an American: the Christmas decor did not go up the day after Thanksgiving. This is mostly because I was actually celebrating Thanksgiving on the day after Thanksgiving...in another city, no less. Then, I got back and got busy.

Last night, I finally decorated the apartment! Natasha and Vika came over for pizza (like, the homemade kind...don't go thinking we can get delivery in Poltava) and Christmas decorating. They loved it! Here are some pictures of the snow that came yesterday and the decorating that ensued:

Unfortunately, Ukrainians don't take snow days...but it is pretty from within my apartment.

Several hours later...I'm guessing it snowed about 5 inched total yesterday.

Here's Natasha posing with the ornament she decorated for my tree!

Vika's turn!

Hard at work!

She really got into the decorating. :)

My Charlie Brown tree. However, I LOVE it.

Here is a traditional Slavic New Year's stacking doll: Grandfather Frost, Snow Girl, bear, penguin, and teeny tiny snowman.

2 comments:

Jaclyn.... said...

Oh, I SO know what you mean...I still haven't got my tree up! And mine looks like it's about the same size of yours. But, you have motivated me!

Unknown said...

When should decorations ideally go up?