Saturday, December 5, 2009

La. Zy.

I was lazy today. That's how I ended up with a bag of milk.

Back up.
I volunteered at a local language school today. It was really fun to work with students who were SO eager to practice and participate. They also fed me tea and dessert! It was super. On the way home (which is quite a trek, let me tell ya), I decided I needed to buy milk. I'm not sure why I thought this was a big deal, but I decided that I really didn't want to have to store my bag in a locker at the front of the grocery store (you have to do that here- they don't trust customers with bags). I've done it many times before and it's no big deal; today, though, I rebelled at the thought.

Instead, I went home via the bazaar. I really like the bazaar. It's kind of like a farmer's market/flea market, only everyone speaks Russian really loudly. I walked through, deciding that I needed apples and tomatoes as well. Then, I started peeking into little shops, in search of milk. Would you believe that the first 3 shops I checked didn't have any? No bottles of milk, no boxes of milk, no nothing. I stuck my head into shop #4 and asked the lady if she had milk, guessing that I was going to end up going home milkless. She did have milk...but of course, I had to buy the kind in a bag.

I really dislike milk in a bag. It kind of freaks me out, for starters. Secondly, it's just kind of a hassle. You have to transfer it to another container or live dangerously and just kind of prop it up in the fridge. This usually does not bode well for me.

So, the moral of the story, friends, is just to be a big girl and store the bag in the locker.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Haha, nice. I like how you have to store your bag in a locker yet wearing a coat most people could hide a turkey in is perfectly fine.

Glenn and Cile said...

Hey! Love the blog! The milk moral is too funny. In other words, just do it.

Kari and her husband and our son and his wife are all FOUR at our house in Budapest for the holidays and Glenn and I are stuck in Richmond! We were at ILC for a meeting for MC folks when the snow storm hit. We were supposed to arrive on Sunday, the same day they arrived, but we can't get there now until Wednesday! It's a bummer but I am so thankful they are there TOGETHER. PTL.