Saturday, March 7, 2009

The best remedy for being sick? Sleep

...but the universe works against me every time.

I haven't slept well at night since I got sick. Something about not being able to breathe, constantly coughing/sneezing, and sweating/having the chills from the fever seem to prevent me from actually sleeping. Ergo, my best opportunity to sleep occurs during the day.

The problem is that I have too many people who like me enough to make sure I'm alive. Thus, without fail, when I have gotten to sleep, the phone rings or I get a text message or my cell phone vibrates or the doorbell rings. Hannah and Rachel did a great job deterring visitors earlier in the week. But then, my landlord discovered that I'm sick. So, this morning, the doorbell rang in the way that only the landlord rings it. It woke me up out of a really good sleep. I could hear poor Hannah trying to deal with him, so I just got on up and went out there. I had to do some fast talking (ha! It was in Russian, so there was nothing fast about it.) to convince him that I did not need a doctor or medicine.

I just want to sleep...

1 comment:

Brianna said...

Praying for you to start feeling better!