Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Pictures of Dnepropetrovsk (and me!)

Here are some pictures from Dnepropetrovsk (I'll narrate as best I can):

This is me in front of some columns where people get their pictures taken...I'm following suit.

This is a "youth hall" from the days of yore. I'm not sure what it's used for these days.

This picture is for Molly...she knows why. Hope you like it, Mols!

Orthodox cathedral. We went inside, but we couldn't take pictures. Even if I could have, they would not have done justice to just how incredible the artwork is.

I just thought this was pretty. It's in the middle of a park. When you get up close, though, there is a LOT of litter. Made me want to pull out the trash bags and go to work.

7 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

Thanks for the pictures, Erin. It helps the rest of us get an idea of where you are. I, for one, would have no idea as to what things in the Ukraine look like!

Molly said...

Erincita,
i L-O-V-E that picture! And yes, I know why! LOVE It. SO pretty. Also- where you are kind of reminds me of where Anne and the girls studied at Redmond! I love all of these pictures, but mostly seeing you smiling in them! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Erin: So glad to see you and where you are. I heard you were going to be on the 8th floor in your apartment. I have managed five flights in Russia but I think 8 would just do me in. That will surely take care of the need for exercise! Thinking of you and praying for you often--Karen Tidwell

Unknown said...

erin- you look beautiful!

i am glad your new coat is already coming in handy. and it looks like it's really lovely there.

one question- where are your boots with the fur? :)

i miss you so much. i hope you have a safe trip to your new home! please post pictures of your new apartment soon!

love you.

Jamie said...

Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

I got my preview of your blog today. Both your mom and your sis told me to be sure and read. Amiee and I talked about your language "problems". Too bad they don't speak Spanish!

I am so excited for you and I miss you already even though I haven't been around you as much lately.

Enjoyed my time today with Amada - you two are so lucky to have each other!

Blessings and Prayers sent your way,
SeƱora Romine

Tiffani said...

Those pictures sure are beautiful! So sad about all the litter!

Thinking about you all the time!

The Anniston Goulets