Saturday, October 4, 2008

Sweet Home Alabama

The official countdown has begun. At least in my head. Now that I'm finally back home, the whole "I'm-moving-to-a-foreign-country" bit is sinking in. As of today, I board the plane in 19 days. I'll probably have 4 suitcases, one carry-on suitcase, and one overstuffed backpack in tow. Whew...

I have a lot to accomplish before getting on that plane, though. Did I mention I already have my plane tickets, by the way? That made the whole thing incredibly real. Anyway...I have banking things, lawyer-y things, voting things, packing things, speaking opportunity things to do, but most importantly, I have the saying goodbye to beloved friends and family to do. I hate that part.

I'm going to have to wear waterproof mascara for the next few weeks.

8 comments:

Jaclyn.... said...

Amen to the waterproof mascara.
:)

Are you sure we can't go somewhere TOGETHER?!

Jamie said...

I know all your "to do" list items will be hard but I cannot even imagine all the emotional stuff you are dealing with right now. Please know that you are in our prayers - we are praying for strength and health right now during these next 19 days. :)

Anonymous said...

Sweet Erin,
WOW! I can't believe the time is so close. I know you are going to be the best missionary in Ukraine. I am so in hopes that we will get to see you before you leave...uhoh, here goes the mascara for both of us. You are so special to us. It i so fun watching what the Lord is doing in your life. The best is yet to come! I love you, MaMaMac

em k said...

i love love you
praying for you as we experience the same stuff for a bit.

Heather Paul said...

Hey Erin, we miss you. We're looking forward to June. Enjoy the time with the fam and friends!!

Heather Paul said...

Hey Erin, we miss you tons! Can't wait to see you in June. Enjoy the time with family and friends!

Brianna said...

Erin, thanks for sharing with us in Life Group. We really enjoyed learning more about Ukraine and what you will be doing there. You are in our prayers!

Unknown said...

SWEET home alabama! you can totally say that because you are totally from here!

and i am sorry about the goodbyes... but i am overwhelmed and inspired by your productivity. you are so on top of life- even in your preperation to move.