Saturday, October 18, 2008

3 trunks + 1 suitcase + 1 backpack + 1 carry-on...

That's the count so far. I know it may sound a little much for two years, but please remember that I have to pack winter and summer and teaching supplies and various and sundry heavy household supplies...YIKES!

The countdown is five days until departure. Things are coming together. I'm getting to visit with people I love and eat foods that I'll miss. It's becoming very real as my belongings become inaccessible due to their locations in pieces of luggage.

Thank you for your prayers! Important prayer request: my computer is very seriously ill and is in the process of being healed. Unfortunately, this is a very long process, and I really need it back by Wednesday. If you could remember that when you pray, I'd be very grateful!

Love.

8 comments:

Ben said...

You always have a company contact in the computer fixing business. Even if he doesn't make it onto your farewell tour :P. Praying for you.

Senegal Daily said...

I think you're doing great! I took 4 trunks + 50lb backpack. And I didn't need winter clothes OR teaching materials! So I am very impressed.

Praying for you as you say goodbyes and transition.

Polska Photogirl said...

a dream? lol - now you have me curious. You should email it to me. hahaha - I hope you are doing well and getting in safely!

Anonymous said...

If you would like to come to the matthew miller school of packing, let me know.

Ok it goes like this.. PRAY and somehow everything you own ends up fitting into one suitcase. It's crazy, I know.. but it worked for me.

Peggy said...

the luggage amound sounds about right. and my brand new dell laptop arrived and wouldn't start 2 days before leaving for africa. not knowing how hard it is to actually receive mail undamaged and unopened by someone on the way, i sent my laptop back to dell and had my grandmother send the new one to mali. it arrived 3 weeks later in perfect condition. miracles do happen. enjoy the ride.

Tiffani said...

Wow! I can't believe you are almost there! You have to give us your address, we want to send you a package, and letters and stuff! Hope all goes well! Be safe, and you are in our prayers!
Love you much yoyo!
The Anniston Goulets

Jamie said...

I think your packing sounds just fine. I think I take that much with me to the beach every summer. :)

Sorry about the computer problems. Praying that you will get it back by tomorrow.

Unknown said...

praying your computer is getting well. and glad that brad is so check upsy on it!