Friday, August 29, 2008

Ouch!

Shot day 2 is done. Thank the Lord.

Highlights:
1. TB test is gross. Thankfully, it's over. And- I got a red crayon band-aid.
2. Strawberry smoothies for lunch on Thursday.
3. REALLY great day-long sessions on the Persecuted Church. It changed my life. I wish all of you could have been there.
4. Regional time: This is when we meet with the others going to our parts of the world and talk about issues specific to our people groups. These are always so encouraging; they get me excited about my job. Most of our classes are general and cover information that can be applied in most situations but have to be modified for specific locations. Regional time makes it a little more specific.
5. It rained! We were in a drought, so it's great that we finally got some rain.
6. We threw a surprise birthday party for one of our friends. We made cupcakes without any measuring cups or potholders or spatulas, and our mixing bowl was a tea pitcher. It was good training!

I hope you all have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey girl! I'm highly impressed with your #6...that will likely come in handy over here...ya never know! :D

Unknown said...

i HEART crayon band-aids. does your dad keep those at his jolly and magical office?