Friday, August 1, 2008

Countdown...

Well, the countdown has begun. Here are some basic numbers to keep you oriented:

2.5- days until I fly to Richmond for training

2- number of months until I finish training

84- days until I fly out

85- days until I land in Ukraine

Monday morning, I'll leave for two months of training in Richmond, VA. I'm supposed to be finishing up some pre-training assignments right this very minute. I'm not... I will get back to it in a few minutes. Following training, I'll have exactly 3 weeks before I leave for my assignment. I already have a MASSIVE list of things to do in that very small window of time. Yikes!

A few more pictures:

Precious friends... We were in between scheduled events, hanging out in Katie and Ryan's "classroom."



Nastiya, me, Tanya, Elizabeth, and Julia: These were just a few of the sweet students that Elizabeth and I taught. They didn't really need teaching so much as practice.

Elizabeth's and my class playing "Apples to Apples." It was a HUGE hit, for anyone who was wondering. After playing it the first time, they got a little impatient every time Elizabeth or I tried to teach something that didn't involve playing the game! L to R: Alex, Yulia, Tanya, Oksana, Nastiya, and Katya.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Yipee! I see you Tuesday and I totally feel you on the to do list.

Anonymous said...

Hey my friend this is cool stuff! Thanks for keeping me informed! I will see you tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

I don't see you very much, but I'm still going to miss you. Can't wait to get started with Amiee. She keeps me up to date.

Will be praying for you with diligence!

I haven't read your blog in while so I have a comment on an old picture. How come Brad got the green and orange room and Luke got the BLUE and ORANGE room. He wanted a refund!!
Love you!

Unknown said...

remember how i can NEVER remember your dates? i wrote them in my planner... so now i CAN'T forget