Tuesday, July 15, 2008

T-minus 5 days

Ukraine: Round 1 commences in five days. It's just around the corner!

We had one last hard-core planning/ training meeting this last weekend. Rachel, Amiee, Ryan, and Katie are doing a GREAT job getting ready. They all earn "E" for exceeding expectations. Bless their hearts, I made each teaching pair choose a part of a lesson and teach the rest of us. They felt silly but did fabulously.

Katie and Ryan discuss (animatedly) lessons for the Beginners.

Rachel and Amiee work out the final kinks for the Intermediates.


This week, I had the privilege of speaking to the WMU ladies at a local Baptist church this week. It is such a blessing to meet those who are so dedicated to prayer. I was able to share the story of my journey to Ukraine and was encouraged with their commitments to pray for me. It's so humbling when people take the time and effort to pray and encourage me.

Brad came through and visited this weekend. He came in perfectly good health and left with a wasp sting that swelled his entire right forearm, a bump on the side of his head (courtesy of a rather vicious water bottle), crushed fingers from makeshift furniture repair, and various and sundry other injuries. In the gaps between injuries, he accompanied Amiee and me to training and sat in as the only male representative in the WMU meeting. He deserves some kind of commendation, I think.


Dad trying to fix Brad's arm. You can't see, but we're in an exam room with really bright green trim and multi-colored tiles.

Brad got confused about what kind of steroids he was taking for the sting...


5 comments:

Sadek said...

lovely blog erin
i really like it
i hope to be you friend
you can visit my blog it is interesting
sadek

Jamie said...

Sounds like a fun weekend - well, maybe not for your friend. :)

Brianna said...

Glad your last training session went well. Brad sounds like he had a rough weekend! Glad he's better now.

Unknown said...

I would point out that my arm got red and itched--nothing more, that I had no real bump or discomfort to my head, and that my hands are fine... but if I might get some kind of commendation, I'll leave those things unsaid.

Unknown said...

I know that sweet doctor's office... and feel better just from visiting it :)