Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Back home

We're back! It will probably take me several days of updating to come anywhere close to filling everyone in on the happenings, but I'll give it my best shot. Today, I'll just hit some highlights:

1. We were able to see 8 of our new Ukrainian friends experience a life change. It's worth all the lowlights (which I will expand upon later... get ready. It's funny.).


Zhenya, Judy Manna, Llosha

2. Amiee and I were able to see and room with two of our precious friends from last year's camp, Tanya and Svieta!


Tanya, Valya (new friend), Svieta, me

3. Classes went wonderfully, and as expected, deviated from the lesson plans right from the very first lesson.



Amiee and Rachel and their really fabulous class...I think Luke (Manna) is sitting on the end of the bench there.

4. All s'mores ingredients arrived safely and intact at camp. The s'mores were a big huge hit!

Me, Elizabeth, and the piles of s'mores. This was probably right before we were stampeded...

5. Our friend that learned English since last year was at camp, and we were able to talk to and hang out with him ALL week!

Mesha and me. His sign says "Free Hugs," by the way.

6. We made fast new friends/ family with the Manna family and Elizabeth who live and work in Kyiv.

Elizabeth and Erin (not to be confused with Erin Elizabeth, which is, in fact, my full name). I love her. So much.

Our beloved Manna family/ "daily Manna": Mike, Luke, Judy, Katya, me, Amiee, and Sammy. We miss them dearly!

7. We worked for the second year with our dear Natasha and her husband, Pastor Sergei.

Anyone remember a picture very much like this one from last year? Amiee, Natasha, me.

Natasha and Sergei rockin' out in the chapel... this is what they do when everyone has left.

8. Ryan now has a new best friend and BROTHER!

Vitalik, Ryan, Rachel

9. We got to see 14 of our new friends even after camp. They came to visit with us our last night in the country!

Just a very few of our precious ones...they just kept jumping in the picture.

10. No one got sick, and our adrenaline held out until the plane rides home! Amazing what a body can handle...

Amiee, Rachel, Ryan, me, and Katie. Let's give it up for Ryan who took cold showers all week. Just ignore his ridiculously wrinkled shirt...

Much more to come. Thank you for your prayers!

4 comments:

Brianna said...

Great pictures! Glad that you had such a successful trip and made it back safely.

Delete My Account said...

I am so glad you had fun Erin! I miss hearing your voice! You are just so much fun when you tell stories (esp. about what went wrong)! ;)

Delete My Account said...

1. Thanks, I am using the layout it came with (I am too lazy to change it). 2. I always check to see if you have new posts, they are alwasy insightful and funny (I can totally hear the inflections in your voice when you say things!)! 3. I am going to meetings all this week and the kids start coming in next Wednesday (scary!)

Unknown said...

you LOVE those tshirts