Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Hot (pot) shower

Well, the hot water to #85 Lenina has been cut off for who knows how long. Usually, I can just deal with the cold shower, gritting my teeth and washing my hair REALLY fast. This morning, however, I just couldn't quite do it. It was 47 degrees outside. There's no heat in my building (I mean, it IS May). I could not make myself take a cold shower.

So...

I decided to heat water in my electric kettle (hot pot) in order to bathe. If that's the way it's going to be, it's going to be a long week.

5 comments:

Mindy said...

We ran out of gas for hot water and cooking. After a really cold shower yesterday, I had the same idea!

Pam Brassart said...

A bit reminiscent of Mexico '04? Way to go , MacGyver girl! MacGyver Mom is very proud!!!

Ms. Teach said...

Oh dear....I will feel just a little guilty tonight when I take my hot shower. Problem solving...that's what life is all about!

Jaclyn.... said...

1. It's been warmer than 47 here, but we have had some unusually cool days for May. Weird!

2. Why don't we have those wonderful hot pots in the US?? Maybe we do, and I just never knew, but seriously, I love them.

3. A girl's gotta have her hot shower. Good job!

Tracy said...

This is what I used to do as a kid. Correction what my parents used to do for me :) . Only we used not only the kettle, but all the saucepans heating on the stove as well or else by the time you have enough water in the bath tub it is not hot enough.

I love my kettle too.:D