Friday, May 1, 2009

100th Blog Post!

Yes, it's true. This is my 100th blog post. Yay! Celebrate!

Today is May 1st, and it's a holiday here! They love their May holidays in this country. I'm not complaining...

This is one of the Orthodox Churches here. Can you see the May Day balloons lining the paths?

So, we went on an outing with Ira, Maya, Vlada, and Ena. It was a gorgeous day! We went for a walk in a part of town that I haven't spent time in before. We also went to a fair and went for a ferris wheel ride.

Some highlights:
1. Vlada and Ena were a surprise! We had to cancel our Saturday English club, and they were sad about it. Ergo, Ira invited them to join us.

My City. Well, part of it...

2. During the walk, Vlada began asking Ira some questions about the 10 Commandments, and Ira was able to share with her. In turn, I was asked to sing this song I know about the 10 Commandments. I performed it, including hand motions. It was a hit.

Ira sharing with Vlada and Ena. You can't actually see Vlada because Maya is leaning in.

3. Ice cream! And, Maya and Vlada got cotton candy/ "sweet cotton".

Vlada's and Maya's cotton candy. Huge.

4. Ferris wheel with Ira, Ena, and Vlada, the Ukrainian scaredy-cats.

Ena and Ira. This was pre-the freak out.

Vlada and me.

Rachel, Maya, and Hannah in the one ahead of us.

5. We walked past the Poltava Space Museum! I felt like I was back home in Huntsville...sort of...

Poltava version of the Space and Rocket Center! Ena, me, Rachel, Hannah, Maya, and Vlada.

No comments: