Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Aerospace Museum

Saturday, Nastia and Dasha invited Kat and me to join them on an outing. Nastia had been wanting to visit the Poltava Aerospace Museum for a while, and Saturday turned out to be the big day. These are the directions for visiting the museum:
1. Take a bus to the edge(ish) of Poltava.
2. Begin walking away from the street/busier part of the city.
3. Continue walking.
4. Enter the old military base/compound and start walking through the base.

Buildings on the military base.

5. Continue walking.
6. Turn left at the sign, and continue walking.

The sign. Turn left.

7. Walk, walk, walk until you reach the first of the camo-painted buildings, then turn right.

Camo-painted buildings

8. Continue walking until you are literally in the Middle-of-Nowhere and find an old tarmac.

The museum has nothing indoor and no plaques. You are free to wander around and check out the planes. So, that is exactly what we did.

First plane on the tarmac.

This reminded me of sweet ol' Huntsville.

Ukrainian seal/ crest. I think it's so cool looking.

Nastia and Dasha deciding whether or not to play with the propellers. Should they?

Well, of course! Maybe it will fly away.

Kat and I found a bunch of bombshells to play with. No worries. We're professionals.

Climbing. I wanted to ensure that the plane wasn't going to roll away. You're welcome, Poltava.

Dasha was helping me.

Ok, when looking at this, I saw a robot. Does anyone else see it?

I was trying to be cute and take a picture of our reflection. Original, I know.

We stopped by the camo building on the way back and turned it into monkey bars.

For Kat's perspective, check out her blog: http://kataroundeurope.blogspot.com/. She's a funny writer. I think you'll like her.

1 comment:

Jaclyn.... said...

1. Yes. people do still read your blog. People, meaning, me. :)

2. Aren't you the blog queen...3 right in a row!

3. It took me a minute to remember who Kat was.

4. You are quite the museum lover! Sounds fun!

5. Miss you!