Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Actual Goodbye

Sunday morning (last Sunday, of course) was about zero percent fun. Amiee and I had to finish cleaning out the very last remaining pieces of our lives from the apartment (did you love the dramatic effect I just threw in?) and turn over the keys to the landlord. Then, we headed to the train station (in 2 taxis...too much stuff) for the 7:40 train. When we got there, several of the guys from church were already waiting for us- to help us with our luggage. While we waited, more and more friends arrived to see us off. It was so very very kind.


The whole gang...plus our suitcases. Oi. Those suckers were almost the death of me.


Waving from the train. That was awful.

This is my last post about life in Ukraine, but it won't be my last post. Never fear: I will keep a running update of the life of a reverse culture shock survivor. Get excited!

1 comment:

Nathan said...

Amiee looks like she just won Miss America and you look like you're giving your best shot at the "gracious loser" face! I'm sorry it was awful. I hope things are going well in the US of A though!